We Wrote the Book on Wisconsin Workers' Compensation.
Domer Law is a father (Tom) and son (Charlie) team who literally wrote the book Wisconsin Workers' Compensation Law.
At Domer Law, we have over 30 years of experience representing employees throughout Wisconsin. Injured workers are our only clients; we practice only worker's compensation law. We have a history of success in helping Wisconsin's injured workers receive maximum benefits under the law.
Other lawyers continually select us for recognition in Best Lawyers in America, Wisconsin Super Lawyers® and Rising Stars.*
In addition to helping injured workers, we are authors and teachers on the subject of workers' compensation law. Together, Tom and Charlie Domer wrote the comprehensive treatise Wisconsin Workers' Compensation Law — a source of guidance for the state's lawyers, judges, and courts. We also teach worker's compensation to law students, health care students, and other lawyers. We conduct national and state seminars, including the annual Wisconsin State Bar seminar on advanced workers' compensation: medical and legal aspects, and for Professional Education Systems. We teach worker's compensation at Marquette University Law School, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and to union representatives at the University of Wisconsin-Madison School for Workers' Compensation Institute.
How Can We Help You?
We have a complete understanding of Wisconsin's workers' compensation law and we can help you with any of the following:
- Claims and hearing process: You need an experienced attorney to identify your benefits and help you with the worker's compensation system, whether filing a claim, completing an application, or proceeding to court before a judge.
- Types of injuries: You can get hurt from one traumatic injury, or from your job duties over a period of time (heavy lifting, repetitive tasks). The workers' compensation law covers both.
- No-fault injuries: No one has to be at fault for you to receive worker's compensation benefits. Compensation is based on work-relatedness, not fault. Even if you caused your accident, you are entitled to benefits.
- What does workers' compensation pay? What can you expect once your benefits begin? How long do you receive benefits? Will you be able to pay your bills?
- Lost wages: If you are an injured worker, we can help make sure your average weekly wage is calculated correctly, so that benefits are maximized.
- Permanent disability/restrictions: If you have suffered a permanent disability, and your doctor has assigned permanent restrictions, you have options if you cannot return to work making your same wages. Find out what they are.
- Medical expenses: An injury means medical bills. But did you know you are entitled to upfront compensation for mileage, prescriptions and more?
- Retraining for a new job: Find out how you can go back to school while still getting paid your weekly benefits. Learn more about how Domer Law works with the Wisconsin Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) to help.
- What insurance companies don't tell you: We've learned a thing or two over our three decades representing injured workers. Find out what they don't want you to know.
Call us with your workers' compensation questions. Our office is in Milwaukee, and we represent injured workers throughout Wisconsin. Consultation is free. If we take your case, there is no fee unless we get you benefits. Call Domer Law at 888-353-8384 or contact us online.
*The Best Lawyers in America® 2010. Copyright 2009 by Woodward/White, Inc., Aiken, SC.
Tom Domer has been named by Wisconsin "Super Lawyers'' magazine as one of the top attorneys in Wisconsin. Only five percent of the lawyers in the state are named by Super Lawyers.