What if I get hurt so badly I can't return to my job?

If your employer cannot take you back under your doctor's permanent restrictions, you may be entitled to retraining benefits. If a Division of Vocational Rehabilitation (DVR) counselor or vocational expert sets up classroom retraining, you can get paid weekly benefits, plus meal, mileage, parking, tuition, and book expenses.